Art Instructor (part-time)
Museo Art Academy is an award-winning leader in visual arts enrichment programs for kids and teens. At Museo, it is our goal to cultivate creative confidence and individual expression in each and every student. We have built a solid foundation of programming on the Greater Puget Sound's Eastside and we're now growing into some new and exciting areas.
We're currently hiring multiple instructors to teach a variety of classes, camps, workshops, events, and parties at our Issaquah studio, Redmond classrooms and throughout the Eastside region. Areas of opportunity may be selected and combined as instructor availability permits (ranging from roughly 4 hrs/wk to 20 hrs/wk).
Our current and immediate need is for a Sunday instructor to teach both studio classes and parties. Hours are 10:15 am - 2:00 pm (or ending at 6:00 pm depending if party slots book).
Additionally, we have several part-time teaching opportunities starting in the fall including weekday morning(s) and/or evening(s) as well as weekends.
Qualifying candidates will possess the following:
- Proficiency in illustration, acrylics, watercolor and clay hand-building
- Working knowledge of art elements and design principles
- Minimum of two years of experience teaching visual arts to kids/teens
- Effective classroom management skills
- BA or BFA in education, final art or equivalent education/experience
- Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
- Positive attitude, team player
- Enjoy working with children and teens
Compensation is competitive, DOE. We encourage highly qualified candidates to recommend the rate they feel is fair and representative of their ability and performance.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume in PDF format to "Hiring Manager" MuseoArtAcademy@live.com. Be sure to include a link to online images of five to ten samples of your artwork.