Log in to your account and complete the following steps to submit an upcoming absence then schedule a makeup for it.
STEPS TO SUBMIT AN ABSENCE
STEPS TO SCHEDULE A MAKEUP
- Click on MENU icon in upper right corner of the screen
- Click on ABSENCES & MAKEUPS
- Click the green SUBMIT AN ABSENCE button then follow prompts
STEPS TO SCHEDULE A MAKEUP
- Click on the listed absence
- Click on the green SCHEDULE MAKEUP link listed on the absence
- Click the SELECT button of desired makeup
- Click the blue SUBMIT button
Weekly Studio Class Makeups -- FAQs
What is a makeup?
A makeup is a one-hour, instructor-led open studio event for students of all ages. It is designed to provide students with additional time in our studio with an instructor's assistance to complete an unfinished project due to an excused absence.
What is an excused absence?
An absence is considered excused when you've submitted it on your account prior to the class you'll be missing. You may also notify us via email of an upcoming absence. We'll then record it as excused on your account so that you can then schedule a makeup for it. Verbal notification is not accepted.
My students attends a MUSEO class online. What makeup options are available for them?
All online classes are recorded. Students who miss a class will be provided with a recording of that missed lesson upon request. Note, the video is automatically deleted two weeks after the recording date.
How many makeups may my student attend?
Your student may attend one makeup per lesson for an excused absence. A "no show" absence is not eligible for a makeup.
May my student attend more than one makeup per lesson if the additional absence is excused?
Potentially (subject to available space). Go ahead and schedule the makeup for the second absence. We'll then temporarily move your student to the waitlist. If space is available as of 48 hours prior to the makeup, your student's spot will be confirmed (you'll receive an email confirmation at that time).
May my student attend a makeup if their absence was unexcused?
A "no show" absence is not eligible for a makeup.
Will the makeup be with my student's same instructor?
While the instructor who is leading the makeup may not necessarily be your student's regular instructor, they are very familiar with the curricula in all classes and able to assist all students as needed.
May my student attend a different type of class as a makeup?
No. The opportunity to make up missed class time is limited to the specially designed makeups. If you are interested in trying out a different class, we offer free trials in all classes during the first week of each month.
How soon after an excused absence should my student attend a makeup?
- Makeups are most effective when scheduled for a date that is soon after your student's regular class has completed the lesson during which your student's excused absence occured. Eligibility to attend a makeup will expire on the final day of the month following your student's excused absence. For example, a student with a Feb 1 excused absence will have an opportunity to attend any makeup during the entire month of March. The makeup eligibility expires March 31.
What happens if my student needs to miss their makeup?
- You may reschedule or cancel a confirmed makeup up to 24 hours prior to the makeup. This can be done directly on your account or via email. A "no-show" will not be rescheduled.