One thing we hope you DO know is that Museo Art Academy turns 10 years old this September! To celebrate this exciting milestone, we are all about the number 10 this month. So without further ado, 10 Things You Didn't Know about Museo Art Academy:
1. Museo isn't just a word we made up to call ourselves. Museo actually means Museum in Spanish and Italian.
2. All of our instructors are professional artists - among other interesting things! Ms. Amanda, one of our manga instructors illustrates for mobile games; Mr. Matt just left his long-time job as a chef to devote more time to art instruction; Mr. Jeremy is a professional dancer and has danced with many groups, including Spectrum Dance Theater and International Ballet Theater, and Ms. Kellie is a para-educator in the Lake Washington School District. We have our instructor gallery on display at our Issaquah studio if you ever want to check it out.
3. We expand our curriculum based on what our students want to see. Do you have a class you'd like to take, but we don't yet teach it? Talk to us about it! That's how our Ceramics, Pottery Wheel, and Manga classes started.
4. The large paintings on display in our lobby were created collaboratively by our 9-12 and 12&up Painting classes this last June. Inspired by Kandinsky, students came up with the idea behind the paintings together, created the composition, and worked on it all at the same time.
5. One of our instructors, Ms. Amanda, has been teaching with us for 7 out of the 10 years we have been open. We love having her around and so do the students, which brings us to the next number....
6. Sierra is our longest attending student and she's been enrolled in our classes for the past nine years. She's been taking Ms. Amanda's Manga classes for seven of those years.
7. In her life before Museo Art Academy was born, our President and Founder, Marci worked with Nickelodeon to create several computer games for the popular TV show, Blue's Clues. She was responsible for the packaging, advertising and brand management.
8. We don't *just* do art classes. (Maybe you knew this already? But just in case you didn’t, keep reading!) We also do summer/winter break camps, fun Friday Night events,
corporate team building events, and parties for kids AND adults. "Mmmm, parties," you say, "What kind of parties?" We do, and have done, all kinds: birthday parties, team parties, graduation parties, bachelorette parties, anniversary celebrations, and Girls' Night Out parties. If you're tired of the same-old-same-old, switch things up and book a party with us! (Your guests will thank you.)
9. Museo Art Academy wasn't always the established education institution you see now. We first began as a fine art gallery with an inside studio used to host a few classes. Little did we know then that those few classes would grow and grow until we would be offering over 50 classes a week!
10. Last October, Ella Campanario, one of our ceramics students, won Babybel's "Big Dreamers" Contest and received a $50,000 scholarship to the Rhode Island School of Design! Ella hopes to become a professional artist, and it looks like she is on her way. We are thrilled to be a part of inspiring students like Ella to follow their dreams and develop their skills and creativity.
Sharing our love of art education, one post at a time.